The contrast of the
acid fruit and the sweet dough makes this one of the most delicious
pies ever baked.
Makes 1 (8-inch)
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 40 min
- Sweet Dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 Tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
2 cups green gooseberries
Preheat oven to 350� F.
- In a medium-mixing bowl, add the
sugar, flour, butter, baking powder, egg and just enough milk to
- Roll out bottom crust and make a lattice-work over the
- Beat the egg well and add nearly a
cup of sugar, the amount of sugar depending upon the ripeness of the
- Mix sugar, egg and flour together and add to the berries.
Stir and pour into pie dish lined with the dough.
- Top with lattice-work dough.
30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Page 1 of 1