Makes 4 servings.
1/2 - cup butter
1 - lemon, juice and grated rind
1 - cup boiling water
2 - Tablespoon cornstarch
2 - eggs
2 - cup sugar
2 - tablespoon confectioners� sugar
3/4 - teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven 350� F. Butter pudding dish.
- Place butter, lemon juice, and boiling water in a saucepan
and bring to a boil.
- Moisten cornstarch with a little water,
add, stir until mixture is smooth.
- Cool, beat in yolks, sugar,
and lemon rind.
- Turn into buttered pudding dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread with
meringue (made by combining the stiffly beaten egg whites with
confectioners' sugar and vanilla.).
- Return to oven, bake 10
minutes longer or until meringue is lightly browned.
Dutch Idioms and Expressions