Stuffed Beef Heart
1 - beef heart
1 - Tablespoon butter, softened
1 - Tablespoon all-purpose flour
3/4 - cup milk
1 - cup bread crumbs
1 - onion, chopped
1 - teaspoon parsley, minced
1/2 - teaspoon beef seasoning
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
1/2 - lemon � juice
Preheat oven to 350� F.
Wash the heart and let it stand in ice water
for 30 minutes.
Remove any tough sections and wipe dry.
Blend the butter,
flour and milk to make a smooth paste, add half the bread crumbs with the
onion and parsley.
- Season, using a little beef season.
- Stuff the heart with this dressing
and pin the opening together with toothpicks.
- Place the heart in a kettle,
cover with water, and boil briskly for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Turn down the
heat and simmer for 2-hours.
- Remove from kettle and roll in a mixture of bread crumbs, salt, pepper,
and lemon juice.
- Add a little later if need to make a smooth coating.
in oven for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with a little water.
PA Dutch Idioms and Expressions