Beef and Potato Pie
Makes 4 servings
- 1 - pound stew beef, cubed
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 3 - Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 - cup onions, sliced
- 2 - cups water, boiling
- 2 - potatoes, diced
Preheat oven 425-degrees F.
- Dredge the beef with mixed salt, pepper, and
- Reserve leftover the flour.
- In a frying pan at moderate heat, add
the oil and saut� the onions in it until tender and golden brown.
- Sear the beef in the same pan, turning until well browned.
- Place beef
in stockpot, add sautéed onions and leftover flour.
- Simmer the beef and
onions for 1-hour.
- Add potatoes and cook an additional 15 minutes.
- To make the pie crust, sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Using a spatula cut in the shortening.
- Add the egg and lightly bend into
- On a floured board, roll dough about 1/4-inch thickness.
is enough dough for 2 crusts.
- Place the first crust on bottom of a deep baking dish.
- Stir the beef
and mix well.
- Pour the meat mixture into the baking dish.
- Take the second
crust and place and cover baking dish.
- Slash a small vent in the center of
the top crust.
- You want to seal and crimp the crust edges together.
in oven 30 minutes.