cups thick, sour cream
1 - cup cream
1 - Tablespoon
- Heat the milk to moderate
- This is to be a soft cheese,
so do not allow the curds to scald or they will
- When curds and whey have
separated, pour off the whey and place the curds in a cheese
bag, hung to drip a pan in a warm place.
- (In the old days this was
the back of the stove.)
- Hang until the curds have
drained but are not dry.
Place in a large bowl and mix with cream, pepper, and
- Just before serving float a
little cream on top, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground
pepper and perhaps a little cut up chives.
Dutch Idioms and Expressions