Sticky Buns II
packages active dry yeast
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup shortening
2-1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk, scalded and cooled to lukewarm
2 eggs, beaten
1 orange rind, grated
4 Tablespoons orange juice
5 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup pecans
- Brown Sugar Mixture
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons water
Preheat oven to 375� F.
In a glass, dissolve yeast in water.
Allow to foam.
- In an electric mixing bowl, attach bowl, dough hook, and mix the
butter, shortening, sugar, and salt.
- Use Speed 2 and mix for 15
- Add the yeast mixture and milk and stir for 15 seconds.
Then add the eggs, orange rind, orange juice, half the flour, and
stir for 15 seconds.
- Add the remaining flour, a 1/2 cup at a time
and beat for 1 minute.
- Remove dough and place in a greased mixing bowl, cover, and let
rise 1 hour or until double in size.
- On a floured board, knead bread
until smooth and elastic.
- Roll dough into a ball and place in
- Let rise until doubles in size.
- Remove dough, place on floured board, and punch down.
- Cut through
with a knife to improve texture and roll to /4-inch thickness.
with melted butter.
- Sprinkle dough with brown sugar mixture.
dough (like jelly roll) and with a sharp knife, cut into 1-1/2-inch
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and water to make the topping.
Bring mixture to a boil and simmer 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into
greased pans, and sprinkle pecans.
- Place rolls on the mixture and
let rise until double in size.
- Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
Page 1 of 1