- 2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 cup water, lukewarm
2 cups milk, scalded and cool to lukewarm
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
6 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/2 cup butter, melted
2-1/2 cups brown sugar
2-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins, soaked in water
1/2 cup currants, soaked in water
Preheat oven to 400� F.
- In a glass, dissolve yeast in
- Allow to foam.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the milk,
sugar, salt, flour, and yeast mixture.
- Shape into a ball and place in
- Brush melted butter on the sides
- Cover and let rise 2 hours or
until double in size.
- Flour board and roll out dough
to a 1-1/2-inch thickness.
- Spread butter, 1-cup brown
sugar, and cinnamon over dough.
- Dot the dough with the raisins
- Roll dough (like a jelly roll)
and with a sharp knife cut into 1-inch slices.
Grease 6 (9-inch pans) and
sprinkle the 1-cup brown sugar in the pans.
- Add the rolled dough and
sprinkle tops with remaining brown sugar.
- Cover and let rise until double
- Bake for 5 minutes and turn down
heat to 350� F. and bake 15 minutes longer.
Page 1 of 1