Makes 2 small loaves
- 1 - package active dry yeast
1/2 - cup lukewarm water
1-1/2 - cups lukewarm water
3 - Tablespoons melted butter
2 - teaspoons salt
1-1/2 - Tablespoons sugar
2-1/2 - cups rye flour, sifted
3-1/2 - cups bread flour, sifted
1/2 - cup dry milk
1 - egg white, beaten
Preheat oven to 350� F.
- In a small glass, combine the yeast, �-cup
of lukewarm water, and a 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Set yeast mixture
- In a mixing bowl, bring together the lukewarm water, melted
butter, salt, and remaining sugar.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly.
1-1/2 cups rye flour, 2-1/2 cups bread flour, and dry milk.
Attach bowl and dough hook to mixer.
- Add the balance of the flour
and Turn to Speed 2 and mix until dough is stiff.
- Continue until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl,
about 2 minutes.
- Knead on Speed 2 for 2 minutes longer.
- Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for
1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Punch down and cut through the bubbles with a
knife, turn the dough, and repeat.
- Again, cover and let rise 30
- Place dough on a floured board and divide into 2 balls.
loaves in 2 greased round pans.
- Prick the loaves server times with a
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Cool, brush
tops with egg white.
Page 1 of 1