Makes 25 rolls.
- 1 - package active dry yeast
1/4 - cup water, lukewarm
1/4 - cup sugar
1/4 - teaspoon salt
4 - cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1/4 - cup butter, melted
1 - cup milk, scalded cooled to lukewarm
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
In a glass, dissolve yeast in water and
add 1-tablespoon sugar.
Allow to foam.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the salt, remaining sugar, flour, and
- Next, add the yeast mixture and milk.
- Cover bowl with
plastic wrap and let rise until double in size about 1-1/2 hours.
Punch down and cut through with knife several times.
- Let rise again,
about 30 minutes.
- Flour board and knead dough until smooth and
- Form dough
into a ball and placed in greased bowl.
- Let rise until double in
- Lightly knead dough and roll out on floured board to 1/4-inch
- Using a glass or round cookie cutter, cut out dough.
the dough with butter, fold over dough, and place on greased baking
- Let stand until double.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden