Chicken Sticks with
Makes 4 servings.
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- 8 to 9 - wooden or metal skewers
- 3 - boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 - can (8-ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1/3 - cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 - Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 - Tablespoon lime juice
- 1-1/2 - teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground ginger
If using wood skewers, soak in water to cover for 30 minutes. Spray
broiler pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- First, you need to cut chicken into strips 1/2 inch wide and about 3
to 4 inches long.
- Then thread two to three strips of meat onto each skewer. Arrange
skewers on broiler pan.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4-cup juice. In blender or food
processor, add crushed pineapple, reserved juice, peanut butter, brown
sugar, lime juice, curry powder and ginger.
- Cover and blend until smooth. You want to keep 3/4-cup sauce for
dipping and set aside.
- Now, brush part of the remaining pineapple sauce over chicken. Broil
chicken 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes, turning once and
brushing with sauce or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve chicken with reserved pineapple sauce for dipping.
Member: America's Home