Surfin - Barbecued Chicken
Makes 4 servings
Time: 10 min.
Refrigerator Time: 3 hrs.
Cooking Time: 30 min.
- Chicken Marinade
- 1/3 - cup espresso style Kona coffee at room
- 1 - cup Hawaiian pineapple jelly (or apricot)
heated and strained
- 1/3 - cup dry sherry
- 2 - teaspoon fresh island lime juice
- 2 - teaspoon macadamia nut oil (or corn oil)
- 1 - teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large chicken breasts (4 half breasts)
Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 - cup sour cream
- 1 - Tablespoon pineapple jelly, heated
- 4 - Tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 - teaspoon grated orange zest
- Orange wedges and for garnish.
- In a mixing bowl, you want to add the Kona
coffee, jelly, sherry, lime juice, macadamia nut oil, and salt. Mix.
- In a large resealable zip plastic bag, place the
- Now, pour the marinade over the breasts, seal the
bag and turn bag several times to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 3 hours, turning the
breast several times.
- Remove the breast from the dish and reserve the
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- You want to place the chicken on a barbecue grill
about 6 inches above a solid bed of low-glowing coals.
- Cook, turning lightly and brushing with marinade,
for about 30 minutes or until the breasts are browned on all sides and
longer pink when slashed in the thickest part.
- Now, make the Sour Cream Sauce: mix the sour
cream, pineapple jelly, cilantro leaves, and orange zest and stir until
- Divide the mixture into 4 small bowls and garnish
each bowl with an orange wedge.
- Place each chicken breast on a plate and serve
with a small bowl of sour cream sauce.
Member: America's Home Cooking