Michigan Black Bean Soup
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 3 to 4 hrs.
- 2 cups black beans, soaked overnight
- 3 quart hot water
- 1 ham bone, with meat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Drain your beans and put them into a large
stock pot with hot water, the ham, onions, Worcestershire sauce, and
- Cover and cook slowly 3 to 4 hours or
until beans are soft.
- Remove ham bone, chop the meat, and return
meat to the soup.
- Stir in sherry.
- Serve in bowls, garnish with lemon slices
and sprinkled with chopped egg.
Page 1 of 1