Old-Fashioned Roast Turkey
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 30 min
Cooking Time: 1 hr
Baking Time: 2 hrs
- Put turkey in roasting pan with a cover,
with the celery, onion, salt, and water.
- Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer over very low heat for 1-hour.
- Baste the top of the turkey with pan juices once or twice.
Reserve pan juice in a bowl.
Preheat oven to
- Mix stuffing and stuff turkey. See: Stuffing Recipes.
- Rub turkey with butter.
- Roast turkey, uncovered, for 1-1/2 to 2 hours (until the juices near
the second joint run clear when pierced with a fork.)
- Make gravy from pan juices.
Use 1-tablespoon of flour and 1 cup water stirred into pan per cup of
- In a mixing
mix the eggs, bread crumbs, poultry season, celery, and onion.
- Sprinkle pan juices over stuffing, mix quickly and lightly stuff the
Page 1 of 1