12 (1/4-cup) servings
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 6 to 9 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- Chicken broth or water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose
Gravy Recipe Directions:
1) Deglaze pan by stirring 1/4 cup water into pan
2) Cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes,
stirring and scraping pan.
3) Strain pan juices into 4-cup measure. Remove
excess fat, reserving 3 tablespoons fat.
4) Add enough chicken broth or water to equal 3
cups liquid and set aside.
5) Combine 3 cups pan juice mixture and 3
tablespoons reserved fat in 3-quart saucepan.
6) Cook for 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat until
mixture comes to a full boil.
7) Meanwhile, combine remaining 1/2 cup water and
flour in jar with tight-fitting lid and shake well to mix.
8) Slowly stir into hot pan juice mixture.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full
boil; boil 1 minute.
9) Season to taste with salt and cracked pepper.