Beef Pot Roast Dinner
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: HIGH 5
hours to LOW 8 hours
- envelope (0.7 ounces) Italian
3 to 3-1/2
pounds boneless beef
chuck shoulder pot roast or bottom round rump roast
- large onions, each cut into
- cloves garlic, peeled
- red bell peppers, cut into 1
cup ready-to-serve beef
- zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch
dissolved in 2 tablespoon water
& pepper to taste
- Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of pot roast. Place onions
and garlic in 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 quarts slow
cooker; top with pot roast.
bell peppers and broth. Cover and cook on HIGH or on LOW. Add zucchini.
Continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until pot roast is fork-tender.
- Remove pot roast and vegetables. Strain cooking liquid; skim fat.
Combine 2 cups cooking liquid and cornstarch mixture in medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1 minute or until
- Carve pot roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Serve with vegetables and gravy.