Parmesan Chicken and Rice
Makes 4 servings.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
1 - Tablespoon cooking oil
4 - fresh boneless, skinless chicken
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
2 - cans (14 ounces) each reduced sodium chicken broth
3 - garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 - cups converted-style rice
1 - cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 - cup frozen peas, thawed
- In medium skillet on medium-high heat,
add oil and heat.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
or until light brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Next, add your garlic; cook
- Then stir in the rice and chicken
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15
minutes or until chicken is done (internal temp 170°F). Remove from
heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and peas.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes before
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black
pepper and grated Parmesan cheese.