Chicken with Cranberry-Ginger Sauce
Makes 4 servings.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
2 - fresh whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
1 - Tablespoon butter
2 - Tablespoons onion, minced
1 - cup canned whole cranberry sauce
3 - Tablespoons fresh orange juice
1/4 - teaspoon orange peel, grated
1/2 - teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- In large nonstick skillet at medium-high heat,
add butter and melt.
- Add chicken and cook for 7 minutes per side or until
done (internal temp 170°F).
- Transfer chicken to plate.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the shallots to skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute.
Stir in cranberry sauce, orange juice, peel and ginger.
- Cook until heated
- Spoon sauce over chicken.