Baked Chicken with
Mandarin Orange Sauce
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
- 4 - boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 - can (5.3 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 - cup Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1 - cup orange juice
- 1 - Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 - teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- Salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 - can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
Preheat oven to 425 � F.
- Cut chicken pieces in half crosswise.
- In shallow bowl, add the milk.
- In another shallow bowl, pour in the breadcrumbs.
- Dip chicken pieces in milk to coat and then dip in breadcrumbs to coat
- Place chicken pieces on rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until pieces are no longer pink in the
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce.
- In small saucepan, you want to add the orange juice and then stir in
the cornstarch until dissolved. Next, stir in the basil. Heat to boiling
and reduce heat.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in
mandarin oranges. Serve over chicken.