Breast with Roasted Pineapple
Prep Time: 30 min.
Roasting Time: 2 hrs.
- 1 - bone-in whole turkey breast (4
1/2 to 5 pounds), thawed if frozen
- 1 - pineapple (3 pounds)
- 1/2 - cup dry white wine or apple
- 2 - Tablespoons honey
- 2 - Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 - teaspoon finely chopped
gingerroot or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 - large clove garlic, finely
- 2 - teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 - Tablespoons cold water
Preheat oven to 325°F. Place turkey
breast, skin side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat
thermometer so tip is in thickest part of meat and does not touch bone.
Roast uncovered 1 hour.
- Cut rind from pineapple. Cut
pineapple lengthwise in half; cut out core. Cut each half crosswise
into 8 slices.
- Mix wine, honey, soy sauce, gingerroot
and garlic. Arrange pineapple on rack around turkey.
- Brush turkey and pineapple with wine
mixture. Roast uncovered about 1 hour longer, brushing turkey and
pineapple frequently with wine mixture, until thermometer reads
170°F and juice is no longer pink when center of turkey is
- Remove turkey and pineapple from pan;
keep warm. Discard any remaining wine mixture.
- Pour pan drippings into measuring cup;
skim off any excess fat. Add enough water to drippings to measure 1
- Heat drippings to boiling in 1-quart
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir
into drippings. Boil and stir 1 minute. Serve with turkey.