Oven-Fried Picnic Chicken
Prep Time: 10 min.
Baking Time 50 min.
- 2/3 - cup buttermilk
- 8 - boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 - cup Corn Flakes cereal
- 1 - cup Original Bisquick® mix or
- 2 - packages (1 ounce each) ranch
dressing mix (dry)
- Cooking spray
Heat oven to 400ºF. Spray cookie sheet
with cooking spray.
- Into shallow glass or plastic bowl,
you want to pour buttermilk
- Add chicken and turn to coat. Let
stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart resealable
food-storage plastic bag, you want to crush cereal with rolling pin.
- Add Bisquick mix and dressing mix
(dry) to cereal in bag.
- Remove chicken from buttermilk
- Add chicken to cereal mixture, seal
bag and shake to coat. Place chicken on cookie sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until juice
of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F).
Alan’s Kitchen Tip:
Bake it the night before, then pack it up for a picnic the next day!