Asparagus Chicken Stir-Fry
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 12 min.
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1/3 - cup water
- 2 - Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 - Tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 - teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 - teaspoon freshly grated
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon coarse ground
- Vegetables Ingredients
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 1 - pound (24 spears) fresh
asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 - large (2 cups) onion, cut into
- 1 - package (8-ounce) package (3
cups) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 - cup sun-dried tomatoes in
olive oil, drained, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- Chicken Ingredients
- 4 - boneless skinless chicken
breast halves (4-ounce each), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 - Tablespoon toasted sesame seed
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl you
stir together water, lemon juice, basil, cornstarch, lemon peel,
salt and pepper. Then set aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, you melt butter
until sizzling. Then add the asparagus and onion.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring
constantly, for about 4 minutes.
- Then you add mushrooms and tomatoes.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until
asparagus is crisply tender.
- Now you remove vegetables from skillet
and set aside.
- In the same skillet, you place the
chicken and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, for 3
to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- You want to push the chicken from
center of skillet. Stir sauce and add sauce to center of skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 to 2
minutes or until thickened.
- Then you return cooked vegetables to
skillet and stir to coat with sauce.
- You cook, stirring constantly, for 1
minute or until heated through.
- Then you place chicken mixture onto
serving plate and sprinkle with sesame seed.