Cinnamon Red-Hot Applesauce Chops
Makes 4 servings.
Give your applesauce a red-hot twist to update
this standard family favorite.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
4 fresh boneless assorted pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick
1-1/2 - cups applesauce
2 - Tablespoons cinnamon red-hot candies
1 - teaspoon black pepper
1/2 - cup chicken broth
1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
Brush chops lightly with oil.
- In small saucepan over medium heat,
stir together applesauce and candies.
- You want to stir until you
melted the candy and carefully combine.
- Keep warm.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- You want to add in
your pork chops in skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- You want to
- Next, sprinkle the chops with pepper; add broth and lemon juice.
Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes or until
done (internal temp 155°F).
- Top chops with warm applesauce.
Make a day or two ahead. Heat (on stove or in
microwave) before leaving. Pour into a thermal container and serve
when you reach your destination.