Hawaiian Ham, Shiitake Mushrooms and Asparagus Penne
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Prep time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
- 2 - Tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 - cups ham, diced
- 1 - onion (chopped)
- 4 - ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 - ounces asparagus, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced
- 1-3/4 cups heavy cream
- 12 - ounces penne, cooked in boiling salted water until al dente, then drained
- 1 - cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 - tomato, diced
- 2 - ounces Parmesan cheese, grated
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Next, add ham, onion,
mushrooms, asparagus and garlic and sauté until vegetables are just tender.
- Add cream and bring to a simmer. Add drained penne and simmer until slightly
thickened. Stir in macadamia nuts and tomatoes and heat through.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with Parmesan and parsley. Serve
Page 1 of 1