Jeff�s New Orleans Jambalaya
Makes 8 servings
Time: 30 min.
Cooking Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
- 2 - pounds pork spareribs, cut into
- 3 - Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 - large yellow onion, peeled and
- 2 - green peppers, cored and chopped
- 3 - cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 - ribs celery, shopped
- 6 - green onions, chopped
- 1 - can (28-ounces) whole tomatoes,
crushed with your hands
- 3-1/2 - cups canned chicken broth
- 1/2 - pound smoked hot-link sausage,
sliced in 1/4-inch peieces
- 1 - cup ham, diced
- 3 - Tablespoons Tabasco
- 1/4 - cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 - teaspoons whole thyme leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 - cups uncooked converted rice
Preheat oven to 400� F.
- You want to place the spareribs on a
broiling rack and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until brown. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add oil. Sauce
the yellow onions, green peppers, garlic, celery, and green onion
until all is tender.
- In a 12-quart stockpot, place your
vegetables and ribs. Cover ands simmer for 1 hour.
- While the stockpot is cooking, in a
frying pan brown the sausage. Deglaze the pan and add to stockpot. Set
the sausage aside.
- Into the stockpot, add the ham, parsley,
Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt, and pepper. Simmer covered
for 20 minutes.
- Add the sausage and rice and simmer for
Member: America's Home Cooking Network