Easy Gulf-Style Citrus Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
- 1 - lime
- 1 - medium orange
- 6 - Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 - cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 - teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 - teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 - pound (31 to 35) medium fresh raw
shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1/4 - cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 - package (9-ounce) refrigerated
- Remove zest of lime and orange using
citrus zester or fine grater.
- Juice lime and reserve 2 tablespoons
- Juice orange and reserve juice.
- In a 10-inch skillet, melt 2 tablespoons
butter until sizzling.
- Next, add green onions, cumin and pepper
- Cook over medium-high heat fro 1 to 2
minutes or until onions are softened.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking for 2 to 3
minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and add reserved
lime juice and orange juice to same skillet.
- Cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture
is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Remove from heat. Stir in remaining
butter, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in lime and orange zest and cilantro.
Add shrimp; stir to coat.
- To serve, you want to spoon shrimp mixture
over hot cooked fettuccine.