Molasses-Pepper Glazed Chicken and Squash
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 55 to 60 min.
- 2 pounds (4 cups) butternut
squash, peeled, cut
into 2-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon
chicken leg quarters, skinned* (about 7 ounces
Chicken Recipes Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°F.
1) Toss together squash, butter and salt in 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll
2) Place chicken in pan, meat-side down.
3) Bake for 35 minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Turn chicken.
Stir squash mixture.
4) Meanwhile to make the glaze, in small bowl, stir together molasses,
soy sauce, pepper, and ginger.
5) Drizzle chicken and squash with glaze. Continue baking for 20 to 25
minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and squash is tender.
6) Remove chicken and squash to serving platter. Spoon pan juices over
*Substitute 6 split chicken breasts.