Makes 4 servings.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 25 to 35 min.
1 - large egg
4 - Tablespoon butter
1 - cup breadcrumbs
1/2 - teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 - teaspoon ground pepper, fresh
2 - pounds beef round steak, cut into four (8 oz.) pieces
2 - Tablespoon flour
1 - cup milk
- In a bowl, add the egg and beat
with my whisk.
- In another bowl, put in the
breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Dip steaks into egg and
- Then dip the steak into the
- Heat the skillet to medium
- Then put in the butter and
- Then brown the steaks in the
- The cooking time is between 10 to
15 minutes per side.
- When cooked, set the steaks on
warm plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Then put in the flour to skillet
- You want the flour to become light
- Stir in the milk until it becomes
- Return the steaks to the gravy and
let simmer for 5 minutes.
have done this just before leaving for the picnic or tailgate
party. I have done
it also ahead of time. When
I do it ahead of time, I warm it up in the microwave before
packing it for the trip. Then
I place it in thermal container until I reach
the picnic or tailgate site.