Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 2
to 3 hrs.
Beef Recipe Directions:
Preheat oven to 300-degrees F.
Trim any visible fat from met and cut into 1-inch cubes.
1) In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt, and
2) add meat and toss until meat is well
3) Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large
nonstick skillet or Dutch oven and add meat.
4) Cook over medium heat until brown on
5) In a separate medium skillet, heat
1-Tablesppon oil. Add onions can cook over medium heat
6) Add mushrooms and carrots and cook
until mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat and set
7) When meat is brown in the Dutch oven,
add beef broth. Stir to deglaze (loosen the brown
flour in the bottom of the pan).
8) Add thyme, tomato sauce, and Burgundy.
Add vegetables to the pan.
9) Cover tightly and bake for 2 to 3
hours or until meat is tender. (Check occasionally and
add extra broth or water if it gets too dry.)
10) Remove from oven. If juice is too
thin, combine 2-Tablespoons of flour with 1/2 cup water in a
11) Add to pan and cook on top of the
stove, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens
to the desired constancy.
12) Add tomatoes 2 minutes before
13) A great ideas is too serve with
Page 1 of 1