Beef Roast with Tomatoes, Onions and Peppers
Prep Time: 15 min
Baking Time: 2 hrs
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 1 - teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 - (4 to 5-pound) beef chuck roast
- 2 - cans (15 to 16-ounce) Mexican-style stewed
- 1 - (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 2 medium green, red or yellow peppers, cut into
- 2 medium onions, cut into eighths
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a oven proof Dutch oven, melt butter until
- Stir in garlic. Add beef roast.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until
browned for 7 to 9 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, salsa, peppers and onion.
- Cover and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until roast is
Alan's Kitchen Tip: The remaining meat broth can
be frozen or refrigerated and used later as a base for soup.
Page 1 of 1