BarBQ Beef with Cornbread Topping
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 11 min
Baking Time: 18 min
- Barbecue Beef Ingredients:
- 1 - Tablespoon butter
- 2 - medium (2 cups) green and/or red bell peppers,
cut into strips
- 1 - medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 1 - package (32-ounce) sliced beef in barbecue
- Topping Ingredients:
- 1/3 - cup milk
- 1 - package (6 1/2 to 8 1/2-ounce) corn muffin mix
- 2 - ounces (1/2 cup) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Spray 2-quart casserole with
no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add
peppers and onion.
- Cook over medium heat until onions are softened for 4
to 6 minutes.
- Add beef; continue cooking until heated through for 5
- Spoon beef mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Combine all topping ingredients in large bowl; mix
- Spoon batter over top of beef mixture.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until topping is golden
Alan's Kitchen Tip: Cheddar cheese in the
cornbread crust gives it a wonderful moist flavor. If you
enjoy a zestier flavor, substitute Jalapeno Jack Cheese
Page 1 of 1