Barbecue Chuck Wagon
- 1 - porterhouse steak, 2-1/2 inches thick
2 - Tablespoons paprika
2 - Tablespoons dry mustard
1 - teaspoon salt
1 - teaspoon pepper
1/4 - cup butter, softened
2 - Tablespoons salad oil
1 - Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Prepare broiler to 500° F.
- Put steak on broiler pan grate.
- In a mixing bowl, add paprika,
mustard, salt, pepper, butter, oil, and Worcestershire.
- Rub into steak on both sides.
- Place steak under broiler, 3-inches
- Broil 5 minutes, turn, brush with
sauce, turn again and brush.
- Continue until steak is seared.
- Reduce heat to 375° F., and put steak
in oven and bake 15 minutes per pound for rare, 20 minutes for medium.
- Baste with drippings in the pan.
- Serve hot.