Bean Pot Lentils
6 (3 cups) servings
Prep Time: 50 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr. 15 min.
- 5 - cups low-sodium, fat-free chicken
- 1 - cup dried lentils
- 1/2 - medium onion (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 - Tablespoon ketchup
- 2 - Tablespoons molasses
- 1 t 2 - Tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 - bacon slices (cooked and diced)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- In a Dutch oven, you want to bring the
chicken broth, lentils, and onions to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45
minutes or until lentils are tender.
Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray
1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir in brown sugar, ketchup,
molasses, prepared mustard and bacon slices.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish.
- Bake (uncovered) for 1 hour and 15
minutes. (Stir occasionally)
Per 1/2 cup: Calories
180 (9% from fat)
Fat 1.8g (sat 0.5g, mono 0.7g, poly 0.3g)
Protein 10.4g, Carb 30g, Fiber 3.9g
Chol 2mg, Iron 3.9mg
Sodium 138mg, Calc 66mg