Shrimp Tacos with Spicy Cream Sauce
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 min.
Chilling Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
- 1 container (16-ounce) nonfat sour cream
- 2 teaspoon chili powder (divided)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (divided)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound medium-size fresh shrimp (unpeeled)
- 3 Tablespoons orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 avocado (chopped)
- 8 corn (8-inch) tortillas (warmed)
- In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, 1-teaspoon chili powder,
1/2-teaspoon cumin, 1/2-teaspoon red pepper, 1/4-teaspoon salt, and
- Add 1/2-cup water. You want to stir until smooth.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Peel shrimp (devein) and chop.
- In a shallow dish or heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag, combine remaining
1-teaspoon chili powder, 1/2-teaspoon cumin, 1/4-teaspoon red pepper, and
- Add orange juice and shrimp, turning to coat.
- Cover or seal. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, you want to saute shrimp for
2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turns pink.
- Place shrimp in tortilla and top with sour cream mixture and avocado.
Per serving: Calories 212 (26% from fat)
Fat 6.2g (sat 1g, mono 3.6g, poly 1.1g)
Protein 13g, Carb 26g, Fiber 3g
Chol 72mg, Iron 2mg
Sodium 391mg, Calc 140mg
Page 1 of 1