Crab & Pea Pod Pita
You find this sandwich a cool and crunchy
crabmeat mixture is tucked into pita bread halves in this
Makes 8 sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 min.
- Crab Mixture Ingredients:
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 2 cups fresh pea pods or snow peas, cut into
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Pita Ingredients:
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets, cut in half
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices (1-ounce) Deli Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, cut
- Combine all crab mixture ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl; toss with
- Line pita pockets with lettuce leaf.
- Place 1 piece cheese in each pita pocket.
- Fill with 1/2 cup salad mixture.
Alan's Kitchen Tip
- Serve as a plated salad. Place lettuce leaf onto plate;
top with salad mixture.
- Serve with slices of melon.
- Serve as filling for tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving):
Calories: 250, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 390mg, Carbohydrates: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 4g, Protein: 20g
Page 1 of 1