Chicken-Bok Choy Stir-Fry
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
- 8 ounces chicken tenderloins (cut in
- 1/3 cup bottle stir-fry sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper
- 1 pound bok choy (small, separated
into stalks and washed)
- 1 large yellow or red bell pepper
- 1 bunch large scallions
- 3 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium-size bowl, you want to toss
the chicken with 1-Tablespoon of stir-fry sauce, garlic, and red pepper.
- Let marinade at room temperature while
you get the vegetables ready.
- Cut the bok choy crosswise into 1-inch
- Halve the bell pepper and remove seeds
and white ribs. Cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch strips and cut the
strips in half.
- Cut the scallions into 1-inch lengths.
- Cut tomatoes into small chunks.
- In a wok or large, deep skillet at
medium-high heat, cook the sesame seeds for 1 to 2 minutes or until
lightly toasted. (Stir constantly) Place toasted sesame seeds on
- In wok or skillet at medium-high heat,
add oil and heat until very hot and rippling (but not smoking).
- Add the chicken and stir-fry 1-1/2
minutes or until lightly browned. (Inside will still be
pink.) Using a slotted spoon, remove to a plate.
- Add the bell pepper and stir-fry for 1
minutes. Add the bok choy and stir-fry for about 3 minutes or
until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the scallions, tomato, remaining
stir-fry sauce, and chicken. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until the
chicken is just cooked through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve
Per servings: Calories
Protein 17g, Carb 18g,
Sodium 5953mg, Calc 48mg
Page 1 of 1