Prep Time: 15 min.
Chilling Time: 1 hr.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 - cup lemon juice
- 3 - Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 - garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 - chicken breast halves (skinned and
- 1 - teaspoon olive oil
- 2 - cups low-sodium fat-free chicken
- 1 - teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 - Tablespoon water
- 3 - Tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 - Tablespoon light margarine
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon freshly ground black
- 1/4 - teaspoon dried crushed red
- 22 - Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/4 - cup sliced almonds (toasted)
- In a mixing bowl, add lemon juice,
Dijon mustard, garlic, olive oil, and white pepper. Whisk and
reserve 1/4 cup of the mixture.
- Add chicken to dish. Cover and
chill 1 hour. Remove chicken from marinade and discard.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook
chicken in 1 - teaspoon hot oil over medium-high heat for 8 minutes on
each side or until well done.
- Remove chicken and keep drippings in
- Add reserved 1/4 cup marinade and
chicken broth, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- In a small bowl, stir together
cornstarch and water. Now add to broth mixture.
- Bring to a boil. Cook, Stirring
constantly for 1 minute. Stir in marmalade, margarine, salt,
black pepper, and red pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet, and spoon
sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and almonds.
Per servings: Calories 264 (43% from
Fat 12.5g (sat 1.6g, mono 7.1g, poly 2.2g)
Protein 28g, Carb 7g, Fiber 1.1g
Chol 66mg, Iron 1.4mg
Sodium 723mg, Calc 48mg