Michael Jackson: Jackson 5 - The CBS Records Years
What do you know about Michael
Jackson: Jackson 5 - The CBS Records Years?
Alan's FUN Rock &
Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
In 1975, Joseph negotiates a new recording contract with CBS Records,
who offers a royalty rate of 20% per record, compares to Motown's
standard 2.8%; and will allow the Jackson brothers to write and produce
their own records and play their own instruments.
2) Jermaine chooses to stay with Motown and his
father-in-law Berry Gordy.
Who replaces Jermaine?
- La Toya
3) In summer 1976, CBS television signs the
Jackson family (including Michael, Marlon, Tito, Jackie, Randy, Rebbie,
LaToya, and Janet) to appear in their own variety show, to compete with
ABC's Donny & Marie. The Jacksons debut on June 16,
1976, and run on CBS until its cancellation the following March. The
show is the first variety show hosted by an African American family.
4) At first, part of CBS's Philadelphia
International Records division, and later moving over to Epic Records,
The Jacksons continue releasing popular singles such as "Enjoy
Who produces the song?
- Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff
- Manny Burgerman
- Leroy Jones and Bobby Baker
5) The Jacksons want artistic control, and produce
their next LP, 1978's Destiny, on their own. The album includes
The Jacksons' biggest post-Motown single, "Shake Your Body (Down to
the Ground)", which charts at number seven on the Billboard Hot 100
and at number three on the Billboard R&B Singles chart.
"Shake Your Body"?
- Michael and Randy Jackson
- Darrell Hall and John Oats
- La Toya and Janet Jackson
6) In 1980 the group releases a album, which
featured the hits "Lovely One" and "Can You Feel
What is the album?
7) The original Jackson 5 reunite on a TV special. The show also includes Michael's landmark performance of "Billie
Jean" on the same program, which introduces his trademark
What was the program?
- Motown 25
- Diana Ross Presents
- Ed Sullivan Show
8) The Jacksons release the album Victory
in 1984, featuring the hit single "State of Shock" with guest
star Mick Jagger, and support the album with the massively successful
Victory World Tour. The Victory album and tour marks the official
return of Jermaine to the group's lineup, making them a sextet.
9) What year did Michael leave the Jacksons?
10) The Jackson 5 are inducted into the Rock and
Roll Hall of Fame in 1989.