What do you know about Tom Tyler?
Enjoy this FUN Western Trivia quiz.
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. Tom Tyler was born August 9, 1903 in Port Henry, New York.
his birth name?
2. While simultaneously working as a western hero, he was also a
weight-lifting champion. Once considered the strongest man in America, he
won the national AAU weight-lifting championship in 1928 (he lifted 760
lbs.) and made the 1928 U.S. Olympic team.
3. A young man's father is murdered and the man convicted of the crime
escapes prison, leaving a note intimating that seven local men know the
real killer's true identity. The murdered man's son sets out to locate the
seven men and find his father's slayer.
What is the 1931 movie?
West of Cheyenne
The Phantom of the West
The Canyon of Missing Men
4. In 1941, he took on perhaps his most famous role as the eponymous
Who was the hero?
5. Hit by health problems, he was reduced to taking supporting roles in
What was the crippling disease?
6. In 1935, first appeared in a "Three Mesquiteers" movie. From
1941 to 1943 he appears in the series as Stony Brooke.
In the 1935 film,
who is the character Tom Tyler plays?
7. What is the 1930 film where Tom plays Curly Bill's Henchman
Drums Along the Mohawk
The Night Riders
8. He appears in the 1948
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon.
What was his
Cpl. Mike Quayne
Captain Nathan Brittles
9. Tom appears in the 1939 Western "Stagecoach."
Who did he play in
10. In 1953, he plays a minor role in an Edmund
is the movie?
11. What was Tyler's cause of death
May 1, 1954 (age 50), in Hamtramck, Michigan?
12. Where is Tom Tyler buried?
Holy Cross Cemetery, Culver City, California
Forest Lawn Memorial Park, Glendale, California
Mount Olivet Cemetery, Detroit, Michigan