What do you know about Gregory
Enjoy this FUN Celebrity Trivia quiz.
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1) Gregory Peck graduated from college the with a BA degree
What college did he graduate from?
- University of California, Berkeley
- San Diego State College
- Salem College, Salem, West Virginia
2) Peck's acting abilities were in high demand during World
War II, since he was exempt from military service owing to a
back injury suffered while receiving dance and movement
lessons from Martha Graham as part of his acting training.
Twentieth Century Fox claimed he had injured his back while
rowing at university, but in Peck's words, "In Hollywood,
they didn't think a dance class was macho enough, I guess.
I've been trying to straighten out that story for years."
3) Duel in the Sun (1946), when her father is hanged
for shooting his wife and her lover, half-breed Pearl Chavez
goes to live with distant relatives in Texas. Welcomed by
Laura Belle and her elder lawyer son Jesse, she meets with
hostility from the ranch-owner himself, wheelchair-bound
Senator Jackson McCanles, and with lustful interest from
womanizing, unruly younger son Lewt. Almost at once, already
existing family tensions are exacerbated by her presence and
the way she is physically drawn to Lewt.
Who played Senator McCanles?
- Lionel Barrymore
- Walter Huston
- Charles Bickford
4). Yellow Sky (1948) is an American western film
directed by William A. Wellman. The story is a Western
adaptation of William Shakespeare's The Tempest. It is
about a band of outlaws flee after a bank robbery and
encounter an old man and his granddaughter in a ghost town.
Peck plays the gang's leader, James "Stretch"
Who played Constance Mae or 'Mike'?
- Anne Bancroft
- Anne Baxter
- Eva Gabor
5) In this 1958 film, Jim Douglas (Peck) has been
relentlessly pursuing the four outlaws who murdered his wife,
but finds them in jail about to be hanged. While he waits to
witness their execution, they escape; and the townspeople
enlist Douglas' aid to recapture them.
What is the movie?
- The Bravados
- The Hunt for Killers
- Shot and Kill
6) The Big Country is a 1958 American Western film
directed by William Wyler. Peck plays James McKay. He is
engaged to Patricia Terrill (Carroll Baker). McKay buys the
ranch from Julie Maragon (Jean Simmons).
What is the name of
- The Big Muddy
- Julie's Dream
- Home Range
7) Mackenna's Gold tells the story of how the lure
of gold corrupts a diverse group of people. Colorado (Omar
Sharif) leaves in disgust, believing the gold has been buried
beyond reach. In the final scene, a saddlebag on the horse
Mackenna took in the mad scramble is shown to be full of gold,
as Tibbs (Telly Savalas) had been loading gold in it.
8) Peck won the Academy award with his fifth nomination,
playing Atticus Finch, a Depression-era lawyer and widowed
father, in a film adaptation of the Harper Lee novel To
Kill a Mockingbird.
Who made their screen debut in the
- Robert Duvall
- Paul Fix
- Adam West
9) Peck moved to television, where he starred in the
mini-series The Blue and the Gray.
Who did he play?
- Abraham Lincoln
- Jefferson Davis
- Robert E. Lee
10) He served as the president of the Academy of Motion
Picture Arts and Sciences in 1967, Chairman of the Board of
Trustees of the American Film Institute from 1967 to 1969,
Chairman of the Motion Picture and Television Relief Fund in
1971, and National Chairman of the American Cancer Society in
1966. He was a member of the National Council on the Arts from
1964 to 1966.
11) He in his sleep from cardiorespiratory arrest and bronchial
pneumonia at Torrance Memorial Medical Center in Torrance, California. His wife of 48 years was at his side.
12) Where is Gregory Peck buried?
- Woodlawn Cemetery, Santa Monica, California
- Forest Lawn Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Los Angeles, California