What do you know about Ken
FUN Celebrity Trivia quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at
the end of the quiz.
Born July 21, 1895, Kenneth Olin Maynard was born where?
- Houston, Texas
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Vevay, Indiana
2. In 1934, Mascot Pictures films In Old Santa Fe
Mountain, a twelve chapter serial. The films may be for the actor
introduced in these movies.
Who is the Western star?
- John Wayne
- Slim Pickens
- Gene Autry
3. Ken rode a white stallion.
What was the horse's name?
4. Ken entered films in 1923, appearing in several cheapies before
being cast as in the Marion Davies historical epic Janice Meredith
Who was Ken's character?
- Paul Revere
- Jesse James
- Billy the Kid
5. In 1933 he raced a follow cowboy star in the National Air Race. He
flew his J6-7 Stearman biplane. The other cowboy crashed the plane he was
Who was the cowboy star?
- Hoot Gibson
- Tex Ritter
- Tom Mix
6. Playing Ken Maynard in his movies, what was his last film?
- Harmony Trail
- Westward Bound
- Death Valley Rangers
7. US marshals Ken, Hoot and Bob stop a gang dressed as Indians from
robbing the stage. After getting repairs at the relay station, but before
they get to town, another trap is set, but they get away. In town, they
search the stage and find nothing. But hidden in the axle grease can are
diamonds. Polini wants them cut into smaller diamonds so that he can
easily dispose of them.
What is the movie?
- Arizona Whirlwind
- Flaming Lead
- Mystery Mountain
8. In what circus was Ken Maynard a featured performer and spotted by
movie talent scouts?
- Barnum Bailey Circus
- Ringling Brothers Circus
- Cole Brothers Circus
9. Maynard's saddle, used in his films
from about 1935, sold for
$23,000 at the High Noon auction in Mesa, AZ in January, 2003.
10. In 1973, Ken Maynard died from complications of what health issue?
- Drug Addiction
11. Where is Ken Maynard buried?
- Forest Lawn Cypress Cemetery, Cypress, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills) Cemetery, Los Angeles,