What do you know about
Lights, camera, and action this
Alan's FUN Celebrities Quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Jesse Donald Knotts was an American comedic actor best known for his
portrayal of Barney Fife on the 1960s television sitcom
Griffith Show and as landlord on the television sitcom
Company in the 1980s.
Where was he born?
- Mount Pilot, North Carolina
- Mount Airy, North Carolina
- Morgantown, West Virginia
2. At 19, Knotts joined the Army and served in World War II as part of
a traveling GI variety show and as a nurse, including in the Pacific
3. His first major break on television in a soap opera where he
appeared from 1953 to 1955.
What was the soap opera?
- Search for Tomorrow
- As the World Turns
- Guiding Light
4. He came to fame in 1956 on Steve
Allen's variety show, as part of
Allen's repertory company, most notably in Allen's mock "Man in the
Street" interviews, always as a man extremely nervous.
5. Playing Barney Fife, how many Emmy Awards for Best Supporting Actor
in a Television Comedy did Knotts win?
- 1 award
- 3 awards
- 5 awards
6. What was the 1966 Universal Pictures feature film starring Don Knotts as Luther Heggs, a newspaper typesetter who spends a night in a
- The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
- Chicken Man
- Come Home Mr. Heggs
7. Hot Lead and Cold Feet
is a comedy western film from Walt
Disney Pictures starring Jim Dale, Don Knotts, Karen Valentine Darren
McGavin, and Jack Elam released on July 5, 1978.
What was the name of Knotts character?
- Jasper Bloodshy
- Mayor Ragsdale
- Sheriff Denver Kid
8. He headline a series on NBC during the 1970 - 1971 season.
the show's name?
- Barney's Revenge
- The Don Knotts Show
- Country Roads
9. On the TV series
Three's Company, Knotts played the
What was the landlord's name?
- Ralph Furley
- Don Roper
- Eddie Fife
10. What was the TV series, where in one show Knotts played Fez and
Jackie's new landlord?
- Robot Chicken
- That 70's Show
- Las Vegas
11. Don Knotts died at the UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles,
California from pulmonary and respiratory complications related to lung
cancer. He had been undergoing treatment at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
in the months before his death, but had gone home after he reportedly
had been getting better.
12. Where is Don Knotts buried?
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Hollywood Hills), Los Angeles,
- Westwood Memorial Park, Los Angeles, California
- Mayberry Cemetery, Mayberry, North Carolina