Born: December 30, 1896, Rochester, New York
Died: August 4, 1963 (age 66), Woodland Hills, Los Angeles,
What do you know about
Lights, camera, and action this
Alan's FUN Celebrity Trivia quiz.
"Check Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
1. In 1931, Tom Keene began a 12 series Westerns for RKO-Pathe.
was the movie's title?
- Sundown Trail
- Sunrise Trail
- The Texas Ranger
2. In this 1936 Paramount release, Tom plays Jim Travis. Tom
character is a veteran wrangler who helps an Eastern rancher save his
ranch. The movie is an adaptation of Zane Grey novel.
What is the movie?
- Code of the Range
- Desert Gold
- Drift Fence
3. In this 1938 film, Tom Gray aka The Pecos Kid, plays an undercover
agent looking for smugglers along the Mexican border. The movie's
climax is the shootout across the Mexican border.
What is this 1938
- Outlaws of Sonora
- The Painted Desert
- The Painted Trail
4. Which is NOT a name used by Tom Keene?
- George Duryea
- Richard Powers
- Jess Bowers
5. What was his first film in 1923?
- The Just a Little Late Club
- Radio Kisses
- Beau Bandit
6. What is the 1931 film that Tom Keene plays Robert 'Buck' Sawyer?
- Sundown Trail
- In Old California
7. He plays Frank Madden (as Richard Powers) in the 1944 Lights of
Old Santa Fe.
Who is the star of the film?
- Tex Ritter
- Johnny Mack Brown
- Roy Rogers
8. Once the honorary mayor of Sherman Oaks, California (1939).
9. On May 13, 1952 (Season 1, Episode 5), Tom is in the episode Jim
What is the TV series?
- I Spy
- Sky King
- Howdy Doody
10. Where is Tom Keene buried?
- Forest Lawn (Hollywood Hills) Cemetery, Los Angeles, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Calverton National Cemetery, Calverton, New York