What do you know
FUN Famous People Quiz.
Your Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Charles Frederick Gebhart enlist in the army on January 5, 1907. The
future Buck Jones claims his age at 18 and his date of birth December 4,
What was believed
to be his real birthday?
- December 12, 1891
- January 6, 1890
- July 14, 1892
- March 6, 1892
2) What kind of army unit did Buck serve?
3) What movie was his first starring role?
- The Homecoming
- The Last Straw
- South of the Rio Grande
The Arizona Romeo
(1925), Buck plays Tom Long. The movie has a
character named Hardee Kirkland.
Who played Kirkland?
- Ward Bond
- Hoot Gibson
- John Wayne
- Bill Elliott
5) After making several flops, in 1930
he made his first movie for Columbia.
What was the movie's title?
- The Lone Rider
- The Lone Star Ranger
- Montana Moon
- The Miracle Worker
6) Taylor has his men burning out the
ranchers. When they kill Clayton, his daughter Helen and her men turn
outlaw. The Rangers send Logan, and posing as a cowhand he joins her gang.
But Nevada eventually remembers him as a Ranger and they set out to hang
What is the name of this 1931 Buck Jones Western?
- The Renegade Ranger
- Oklahoma Raiders
- The Texas Ranger
- Arizona 26
7) In a 1940 big budget Republic film,
Buck plays a cold-blooded bad guy sheriff.
What is the name
of the movie?
- Wagon Train
- Wagons Westward
8) In 1941, however, his old friend and
Fox producer Scott Dunlap brought Jones to Monogram, where he was teamed
with Tim McCoy and Raymond Hatton for the "Rough Riders" series. The
movies put Buck back on top.
Because of his tragic death on
November 28, 1942, what would be his last film?
- Dawn on the Great Divide
- Arizona Bound
- Ghost Town Law
- Texas Lawman
9) "In my pictures we never let up on
the action. They've got as much movement as the silents. In the last one I
rode a horse through a plate-glass window, and that's the sort of thing
pictures need." This is a Buck Jones quote.
10) On the night of the tragic Cocoanut
Grove fire, a large number of guests and close friends were at the club for
a combination testimonial dinner in honor of Buck and a promotional event
for Monogram Pictures.
What was the movie series he was
- The Rough Riders
- The Arizona Rangers
- The Bounty Hunters
- The Lone Ranger
11) Where was Buck Jones buried?
- Inglewood Park Cemetery, Inglewood, CA
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, CA
- Cremated, Ashes scattered near Catalina Island off
the Southern California coast
- Memorial Cemetery, Lakeland, Texas