Born: June 13, 1918, Foraker, Oklahoma
Died: April 8, 1996 (age 77), Mesa, Arizona
Johnson was an American motion picture actor, mainly in Westerns. He
was also a rodeo cowboy, stuntman, and rancher.
What do you know about Ben Johnson? Enjoy this quick quiz.
1. What was the first film that Ben Johnson gets screen credit?
- The Outlaw
- 3 Godfathers
2. He was the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association's Steer Roping
World Champion in 1953.
3. At 23, Johnson married Carol Elaine Jones in 1941, and they were
married for 53 years until her death on March 27, 1994.
4. In 1948 Fort Apache, who did he ride as his stunt double (uncredited)?
- John Wayne
- George O'Brien
- Henry Fonda
5. What was his character's last name in John Ford's
a Yellow Ribbon and Rio Grande?
6. Learning of their ability as experienced horsemen, Mormon Elder Wiggs, hires Travis Blue and Sandy Owens to guide a small group of
Mormons across the West to the San Juan River country in southeastern
Utah Territory, in 1849.
Who did Ben play?
7. The Last Picture Show won Academy Award in Best Actor in a
Supporting Role category for Ben Johnson.
8. What year was he inducted into the Western Performers Hall of Fame
at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City?
9. What was the name of Chisum's sidekick in the 1970 film
with John Wayne played by Ben Johnson?
- James Pepper
- Dan Nodeen
- Sheriff Brady
10. This Western TV series lasted one season in 1966. Ben Johnson was
a cast member with actor Buck Taylor.
What was the series?
- The Hardees
- The Monroes
- The Big Country
11. What was Johnson's cause of death?
- Heart attack
- Car accident
- Lung cancer
12. Where is Ben Johnson buried?
- Mesa Cemetery, Mesa, Arizona
- Pawhuska Cemetery, Pawhuska, Oklahoma
- Sylmar Memorial Cemetery, Sylmar, California.