Dairy Queen (DQ) Trivia
What do you know about Dairy Queen (DQ) Trivia?
Stop and grab
a bit of this quick quiz.
Your Answers" at the end of the page.
Take 2 points for each right
answer. Maximum this page: 20 points!
The soft serve formula was first developed in 1938 by John Fremont
"Grandpa" McCullough and his son Alex McCullough. Co-owned with Herb
Noble, they went on to open the first Dairy Queen store in 1940.
Where was the first store located?
St, Louis, Missouri
2) Dairy Queen was an early pioneer of food
franchising, expanding its 10 stores in 1941 to 100 by 1947, 1,446
in 1950, and 2,600 in 1955.
What is the number of
locations as of 2008?
3) The red Dairy Queen symbol was introduced in
4) "DQ" had been used interchangeably with the
Dairy Queen name for many decades.
When did it become the
company's official name?
5) The company's products expanded to include malts and
milkshakes in 1949.
When was Peanut Buster Parfait
6) The Blizzard Treat, which is soft-serve mechanically blended
with add-in ingredients such as sundae toppings and/or pieces of
cookies, brownies, or candy.
What year was the
7) Who appeared in Dairy Queen marketing from 1971 until
2001, when it was dropped because Dairy Queen felt children could no
longer relate to him?
Dennis the Menace
8) DQ is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway.
9) What state is the home to the largest number of Dairy
Queens in the United States?
10) The company headquarters are located in Austin, Texas.