Whataburger’s EZ Quiz
What do you know about Whataburger?
Stop and grab a bit of this quick Fast Food
Your Answers" at the end of the page.
Take 2 points for each right
answer. Maximum this page: 20 points!
The company, established by Harmon Dobson, opened its first restaurant
in Corpus Christi, Texas.
When did he open his first restaurant?
- August 8, 1950
- August 8, 1952
- August 8, 1955
2) Whataburger is known for its distinctive A-framed,
orange-and-white striped roofed buildings (newer buildings are built
similar to other fast-food chains, though the roof is built in the
orange-and-white triangular shape).
3) The first A-frame restaurant, which is still standing. There are
currently over a dozen of these type restaurants still in operation.
Where is the first location?
- Macon, Texas
- Odessa, Texas
- Glendale, Arizona
4) The small, wooden kiosk sold the enormous 5-inch burgers and
before the first week was out, lines stretched down the street.
the burger's price?
- 10 cents
- 25 cents
- 50 cents
5) In 1952, Joe Andrews, Sr. brought his family to the newly opened
Whataburger in Kingsville, Texas. After one bite, he knew Whataburger
was something he wanted to be a part of. Joe was awarded the first
franchise location shortly thereafter (the fifth Whataburger restaurant)
which opened in 1953.
Where was the location?
- Alice, Texas
- Lubbock, Texas
- Hungry, Texas
6) Marvin West opened a
Whataburger restaurant in Nashville,
Tennessee (at 1413 Dickerson Road). The restaurant offered curb service
What was the year?
7) In 1962, the menu grew with the addition of hot fried pies and
8) In 1967, an airplane crash took the life of company founder Harmon
9) On May 6, 1999, the company's flagship store opened on Shoreline
Drive in Corpus Christi, Texas. A tribute to founder Harmon Dobson, this
flagship store boasts 6,000 square feet, water views, and a life-size
bronze statue of Mr. Dobson near the entrance at the bay side.
the Whataburger called?
Bay Side Whataburger
Whataburger by the Bay
Corpus Christi Whataburger
10) In the film
8 Seconds, Lane and Kellie Frost have their
first date at a Whataburger.