Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken and Shrimp
4 servings (1 1/2-cups each)
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 6 - ounces dry angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 1/2 - cup chicken broth
- 2 - Tablespoons lite soy sauce
- 2 - teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground ginger
- Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 - small bunch green onion, cut into
1/2-inch lengths (1 bunch = about 1/2 cup)
- 2 - cloves garlic, minced (2 cloves =
about 1 tsp)
- 1 - medium yellow summer squash, cut into
- 1 - small red or green bell pepper, cut
into thin strips
- 8 - ounces boneless skinless chicken
breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 - ounces medium shrimp, thaw if frozen,
Cook pasta according to package directions,
except omit any salt or fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk broth, soy sauce,
cornstarch and ginger with wire whisk until well blended. Set
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat 1 minute over medium-high heat. Add
onions and garlic; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic is
golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove onions and garlic from skillet.
- Add squash to skillet; cook 2 minutes,
- Add bell peppers; cook 2 minutes, or
until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove vegetables from skillet; set
- Add chicken and shrimp to skillet; cook 3
to 4 minutes, or until chicken pieces are no longer pink in
centers and shrimp turn pink.
- Push chicken and shrimp to 1 side of
- Stir broth mixture; pour into skillet.
Cook 1 minute, or until broth mixture is thickened, stirring
- Mix in the cooked vegetables and cook 1-2
minutes, or until heated through, stirring frequently.
- Drain pasta and place on serving plate.
- Spray with cooking spray and top with the
Page 1 of 1