Tortellini with Tomato-Sage Sauce
4 servings (1-1/2 cups each)
Prep Time: 20 min
- 2 - packages (9 oz each) refrigerated
cheese tortellini, uncooked
- 1 - Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 - medium onion, chopped (1 med = about
- 2 - cans (14.5 oz each) Diced Tomatoes in
- 1 - teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped fresh sage
- 1 - cup heavy whipping cream
Cook pasta according to package
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over
- Add onions and cook and stir 3 minutes,
or until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes with their sauce, the
sugar and sage.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes,
- Pour cream into small bowl. Gradually add
1 cup of the hot tomato mixture, stirring constantly with wire
whisk until well blended.
- Add to remaining tomato mixture in
saucepan; stir until well blended.
- Cook until heated through, stirring
- Drain pasta and place on serving platter.
- Top with the tomato mixture.
Page 1 of 1