4 to 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
- 1/4 - cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 - teaspoon or to taste crushed red
- 1-1/2 - cups chopped onion
- 5 - ounces pancetta or bacon, cut into
- 3/4 - cup dry white wine
- 16 - ounces plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 - box (16 ounces) Rigatoni
- 1 - cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet over low heat, heat
oil. Sauté garlic and red pepper 4 minutes or until garlic is
golden yellow. Remove garlic and discard.
- To the skillet add onions and cook over
medium heat about 8 minutes until golden, stirring frequently.
- Add pancetta and cook 5 minutes, stirring
- Add wine and bring to boiling. Cook until
wine is almost evaporated, about 8 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes until
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook Rigatoni according to package
directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir tomato mixture into Rigatoni. Toss
gently with cheese. Transfer to serving platter.
Page 1 of 1