Grilled Pesto Shrimp with Pasta
4 servings (2 cups each)
Prep Time: 30 min
Grilling Time: 8 min
- Bamboo or metal skewers
- 2 - cups uncooked penne or mostaccioli pasta
- 1 - lb uncooked deveined peeled large shrimp (tail shells
- 2 - medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 - cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 - cup basil pesto
- 1 - oz shredded fresh Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup)
If using bamboo skewers, soak in water 30 minutes. Cook
pasta as directed on package. Drain; place in large serving bowl
or dish. Meanwhile, heat gas or charcoal grill.
- In large bowl, mix shrimp, zucchini, tomatoes and 1/4 cup of
the pesto. Stir gently to coat well.
- Thread shrimp, zucchini and tomatoes onto skewers.
- Place skewers on grill over medium heat.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until shrimp turn pink
and opaque and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers and add to pasta.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup pesto and toss gently to mix.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Page 1 of 1